THE ONTARIO DISTRICT SENIORS CHORUS - A NEW DISTRICT EVENT
At the Mid-Winter Convention in San Antonio, January 2017, the Society will introduce a new event - a Seniors Chorus Festival for men age 55 and older. For this inaugural event, 5 District Senior Choruses will be invited by the Society to be participate. The invitations will be determined by scores from a performance at the Fall convention in each District.
Formation of The Ontario District Seniors Chorus was approved at the April, 2016 meeting of The House of Delegates.
The chorus will be directed by Dr. Ray Danley and an assistant - TBA.
Ken Fisher, VP of Music and Performance, will serve as the initial chorus manager.
The 2 songs for the 2016-17 Ontario Seniors chorus will be from the new BarberPole Cat II songbook:
- AFTER YOU’VE GONE
- FROM THE FIRST HELLO TO THE LAST GOODBYE
Charts and learning tracks will be available from the District website once you have registered.
There will be 5 rehearsals in Ontario - 3.5 hours long, from about 1:30 PM to 5 PM:
- Sunday, June 26 - in the Western Division - London area
- Sunday, July 24 - Eastern Division - Kingston area
- Sunday, August - 21 - Harmony Ranch,
- Sunday, September 18- Toronto area
There will also be a rehearsal in Scarborough Saturday afternoon Oct 15 before the qualifying performance before the quartet finals that evening.
There will be 1 rehearsal in San Antonio before the competition on Friday, January 20.
EXPECTATIONS - COSTS
The basic registration cost is $20 (charts, tracks, mailings, etc).
Each participating senior Barbershoppper agrees to:
- learn the notes and words of the 2 competition songs and be able to perform them as an independent singer
- provide his own tuxedo and any other parts of a uniform as required by the visual team
- attend at least 4 of the planned rehearsals in Ontario and sing in the fall convention in Belleville. NOTE: There is a high expectation that everyone will attend all rehearsals. If missing more than one rehearsal is unavoidable, you will need to discuss your continued participation in the chorus with the Leadership Team. You may be expected to demonstrate some very positive self learning
- pay for all of his expenses related to this activity - travel, registration, food, accommodation, etc.
Register online at the link below. Be prepared to pay using credit card or PayPal.
For alternate methods of registering or other questions, please contact:
Ken Fisher, VP Music and Performance, 519 823-1977, cel 519 820-3163 firstname.lastname@example.org.